The Samuel Courtauld Society is a vibrant group which helps to support the activities of The Courtauld Institute of Art. Members enjoy a range of benefits including an unrivalled programme of events, all informed by Courtauld experts and our global network of trailblazing alumni.
“The Samuel Courtauld Society takes you to the heart of The Courtauld. Experiencing its excellence in teaching, exhibitions and the collections through a programme of fascinating visits and events is a privilege and always fun!”
– Stuart Lochhead, Director’s Circle
SCS members enjoy all the benefits available to our Friends and have the chance to engage with a diverse group of like-minded individuals who share our vision and passion for art.
Samuel Courtauld Society Levels
£500 per annum (benefit £100, suggested donation £400)
Enjoy all the benefits that Friends receive, plus:
- Invitation to our Courtauld exhibition private views
- Curated programme of events including behind-the-scenes insights into The Courtauld Collection
- Invitation to our annual Summer Party
- Access to our Libraries including the Book Library, Witt Library and Conway Library
- Acknowledgement of your support, if desired
- Annual donor report In Focus
- Monthly e-newsletter
£1,500 per annum (benefit £420, suggested donation £1,080)
Enjoy all the benefits that Associates receive, plus:
- Invitation to our exhibition previews hosted by the Director
- Invitation to meet the Director over breakfast followed by a curator-led tour of our exhibitions
- Spend time with expert academics, curators and conservators at intimate events
- Invitation to annual major international art and architecture trip
- VIP access to selected art fairs in the UK and abroad
£5,000 per annum (benefit £555, suggested donation £4,445)
Enjoy all the benefits that Patrons receive, plus:
- Invitation to annual Director’s Dinner with the opportunity to learn more about The Courtauld’s future plans
- Invitation to the Director’s annual winter drinks reception
- Curated programme of visits to exhibitions, artists’ studios and private collections
- Complimentary copy of each exhibition catalogue
- Provide direct support to our artistic programme, students and conservation work through a significant philanthropic contribution
To join the Director’s Circle, please contact Charlotte Jennings, Senior Membership and Individual Giving Manager, on +44 (0)20 3947 7740 or email email@example.com.
Samuel Courtauld Society Events
The Samuel Courtauld Society’s events programme offers members the opportunity to attend private events at The Courtauld, as well as around the UK and internationally.
We offer our members exclusive access to some of the best exhibitions, private collections, artists’ studios, art fairs and tours led by some of the world’s leading experts, conducted by Courtauld academics and alumni.
We are currently offering a rich online events programme for Samuel Courtauld Society members. If you would like to know more, please contact Charlotte Jennings, Senior Membership and Individual Giving Manager on +44 (0)20 3947 7740 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To view recent Samuel Courtauld Society events, download our 2019/20 Programme.
Please note: for Gift Aid purposes, we are required to indicate the commercial value of any benefit we may offer to SCS members (Associate £100, Patron £420, Director’s Circle £555). Any voluntary donation above the agreed values of benefits will be eligible for Gift Aid; it is possible to purchase SCS membership without making a donation.
The Courtauld Institute of Art is a company limited by guarantee (company no. 4464432) and an exempt charity for the purposes of the Charities Act 1993 under the exempt charities order 2002 No. 1626.